Tuesday, July 20, 2010

125 and going strong :)

It's been a long time since i wrote.Things have been going pretty well.I finished my 125th dialysis yesterday.I had a few problems when i got my CT scan done a couple of months ago.I had bleeding and i had to be hospitalized and i had to undergo a Cystoscopy to get the stricture removed.Its well healed and i am back to normal.I had quite a few vomiting sessions after dialysis since i used to eat during dialysis.The dietician at my hospital said to stop eating during dialysis.The reason not to eat during dialysis is that the blood rushes to the stomach to digest the food and that in turn causes Hypotension.I have stopped eating during dialysis from a couple of months and my dialysis sessions is going great.Not an episode of vomiting since then.I feel good after every session.My fluid intake is also in control which helps in my well being.Another change that helped me get my HB level is that i was on Mircera (EPO) 5000 units once in 15 days.Now it is Neo-recormon,5000 units per week.My HB was 8.8 before taking Neo-recormon but as of yesterday's report of HB it is 10.3 which is good.It was my decision to take this injection bcoz Mircera did not seem like working.I had a word with my neprhro and i insisted that i start this regime and he was ok with that. I guess i took the right decision.I also have started Procel, a protein supplement which has helped boost my albumin from 3.9 to 4.3.My blood report from the last 2 months have been good.My creatanine has been about 6.8 (the lowest since i am on dialysis).One more good thing that has happened is that suddenly my urine output has gone up.I am not sure if this is related to my Creat going down.I get my dialysis done thrice a week and that gives me the ability to live a near normal life and have all the fun that i used to have before. Adios till next time !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment